Lexicoblog

The occasional ramblings of a freelance lexicographer

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Great Aunt Lucy?

As a freelancer, I end up working directly or indirectly with all sorts of different people, either in-house staff at different publishers or other freelancers scattered around all over the place. A few of them I know personally, some I get to know quite well via email and others only appear as names on email lists or remain completely anonymous, having my work forwarded to them by a third party.

This afternoon, I found out that the stuff I'm working on at the moment is being edited by somebody called Lucy who's based in Peru. As I read the email, I happened to be listening to an interview with Bernard Cribbins on the radio and I couldn't help thinking of Paddington's Great Aunt Lucy in a home for retired bears in Lima, Peru!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home