Lexicoblog

The occasional ramblings of a freelance lexicographer

Monday, September 28, 2009

Heavy work - again

Looking back through this blog, I'm afraid this is a bit of a repeat entry. After months of searching, we finally found a new place to move to (hurray!) and with two weeks until we get the keys, I'm starting to think about packing up. But inevitably, I've come up against the same issue I had when I last moved (see December 2006) of packing up all my dictionaries....

I just counted and I have a grand total of 42 of them, all fairly weighty! I can't just put them all in a box marked "office" because it'd be impossible to lift, so once again I'm going to have to go for the tactic of putting a couple of dictionaries in the bottom of every box of stuff to spread the weight around.

Apart from all the hassle surrounding the actual process of moving (clearing, packing and physically moving stuff, sorting out utilities, changes of address ...), I'm really looking forward to the new place. My new "office" is actually going to be a bit smaller than the room I'm in now, but it's a mezzanine level overlooking the living area, so hopefully it won't feel too pokey. I'll post pictures of my new workspace once I'm settled in ...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home